Eagle's Wings: Jesus, You are my Safety

Eagle's Wings

He gives power to the weak, and to those who has no might, He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, BUT those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Jesus, You are my Safety

I was in Taiwan when an earthquake measuring about 7 on the Richter scale hits Taiwan on 26 Dec 2006. Devastating news were reported globally and love ones in Singapore were all so worried for me.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/26/world/asia/26cnd-taiwan.html?ex=1324789200&en=c2b0a66ed23f4970&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

Meanwhile, my hubby and myself were travelling with a big tour group enjoying our holiday. We didn't even feel the slightest shake. God's hand of protection was all over us and I believe, because we (children of God) were kept safe, those around us were indirectly protected as well.

Daddy God's love is so real. When I got back to the hotel that same night and innocently turned on the TV, I realised the earthquake happened in many cities including the one we were in. Next morning, we were warned about aftershocks and asked to be prepared to feel some shaking. We didn't.

When we arrived at our next destination where the fault line lies, the locals were describing to us their experience of the quake. Throughout the whole trip in Taiwan travelling from place to place for the next 6 days, we didn't feel a slightest shake.

We seemed to be at the right place at the right time, missing the quake and aftershocks when it happened.

Who can explain this? I know, yes, I know that I know immediately when I turned on the TV that night that Jesus is my safety and Psalm 91:7 came to my mind.
"A thousand may fall at your side, And ten thousand at your right hand; But it shall not come near you. "

For friends who had prayed and interceded for me, a BIG Thank You!!

Jesus is my saftey, I am not afraid. The one in me is greater than the one in the world. He is for me, who can be against me.

Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home