Eagle's Wings: What Do You Want in Life?

Eagle's Wings

He gives power to the weak, and to those who has no might, He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, BUT those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

What Do You Want in Life?

Chasing after riches, chasing after position & status, chasing after someone to love you?

Finding that the more you chase, the more these things/person run further away?

Let's focus on just one thing in Life and all these things will chase after you!! Yes, its so easy.

Psalm 23 says:
v. 1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

RELATIONSHIP: Know Jesus as your shepherd, you have everything!

v.2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters.

1st thing to experience the Lord as your shepherd is:

REST: "Lie down". Jesus has given and done everything for you. Rest in His finished work. Rest in His love for you.

FRESH REVELATION: You need to eat everyday to feed your body. In the same way, you need to "feed" your soul with His Word (bible or sermons) to receive fresh revelations ("green pastures") everyday.

PEACE : Then, experience His peace ("still waters") inside of you even when the outside circumstances say otherwise.

John 14:27Jesus says "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nether let it be afraid."

Philippians 4:7 "and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. "

v.3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.

RESTORES : He restores your entire being ("soul"). Every area of your life.

HOPE : When you follow Jesus, Your righteousness, you cannot help it but have hope in the Lord.

Zechariah 9:12 Return to the stronghold (safety), You prisoners of hope. Even today I declare That I will restore double to you.

v.4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

In the 1st 3 verses, Jesus leads, He guides, He restores. Then, suddenly, I walk...

YOU ARE WITH ME: Sometimes, we, sheep choose to walk away from the path. Despite the mistakes we make & ended up falling into darkest moments of our lives "valley of the shadow of death", He promised to be with us. We will not fear.

Romans 8:31 "...If God is for us, who can be against us?"

PROTECTION : His rod & staff ("used to protect sheep") speaks of protection to us. He comforts us.

People condemn us when we did something wrong. We feel guilty and become paralyzed in the situation and cannot move on. When we have Jesus, we have His righteousness. So,
Romans 8:1 :There is therefore NOW NO condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit"

v.5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.

CELEBRATE LIFE: Even in the land of promise, there are going to be "Giants" = trouble. With Jesus as our shepherd, we can still eat and celebrate life in the presence of our enemies (enemies = your situation or problems surrounding your life).

HONOR: "Anoint my head with oil" People in the world will condemn you, put you down, despise you, betray you BUT your loving God will HONOR you.

ABUNDANCE : "My cup runs over" blessings are in abundance and overflowing for you.

v.6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord FOREVER.

Finally, where then can you find your blessings? It is behind you...chasing after you....IF you follow your good Shepherd who is leading in front of you....

SURELY : No doubt about it. Definitely.

GOODNESS AND MERCY : Blessings.

FOLLOW: Focus on Jesus as your good Shepherd NOT in material things in the world that does not satisfy. Develop a personal relatioship with Him. Talk to Him in your prayers, read the Word, listen to sermons to understand Him more and how very much He loves You. Learn the inheritance you already have as a child of God. REST in Him - in His love.

As He guides and leads you, follow, you will soon find blessings chasing after you when you are not even expecting them. AMEN?

5 Comments:

At 30 October, 2006 17:21, Blogger cybeRanger said...

Amen! Keep blogging for the glory of God!!

 
At 30 October, 2006 23:44, Blogger CelebrateLifeNow said...

Thank you friend for supporting my blog. Indeed, Praise the Lord!

 
At 31 October, 2006 12:19, Blogger Evelyn Zoe said...

amen and amen!! wow wow wow..we have our GREAT LOVING Shepherd leading us...!!! =)

 
At 31 October, 2006 22:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Keep on... Huggs, PW :o)

 
At 01 November, 2006 11:00, Blogger CelebrateLifeNow said...

Hi Sisters-in-Christ, welcome to my blog. Hope u will be blessed by it continually ;-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home